Order, Shipment Related
Shipping Price Related
- What is Shippn?
Shippn is a community marketplace where shoppers and hosts meet to make shopping from anywhere in the world possible. Shoppers can enjoy buying products from foreign countries and ship them easily from a seller to the address of their hosts.
- Who is a shopper and a host?
Shopper is someone who wants to buy products from abroad.
A “host” is a person who wants to help a shopper by providing his/her home address and earn money by doing this. Hosts receives packages ordered by shoppers, and ship it to shopper’s home address.
- How exactly Shippn service works?
Hosts from all around the world list their addresses on Shippn. When a shopper wants to buy something from a foreign country, she signs up with Shippn, lists available hosts in that country, selects a host and instantly receives the hosts address after account verification. When package arrives at host's address, shopper gets a notification, pays for shipping and host sends the package with Shippn's trusted courier partners.
- How is the price determined for my shipment?
Shipping fees are calculated based on the weight of the shipment. Shipping rates vary by destination countries. Click here to see shipping rates for your country. Shippn agrees with the carrier companies to provide the best prices for its shoppers.
- How do I know if my package is oversized?
Shipping couriers consider a package oversized if the package exceeds the scale weight of 70kg with a single dimension in excess of 120 cm/47 inch. For oversized packages a fixed charge will be added to the shipping charge. For more information about extra charges by shipping couriers Click Here
- How does Shippn pay hosts?
Hosts receive a payment after shoppers approve that they have received their packages in good shape. Right after shopper's confirmation, funds are transferred to hosts account. Host can always monitor their earnings on their dashboard.
- What is verified ID?
Shippn makes every effort to ensure the platform provides a secure system for both shoppers and hosts and trust is one of the most important aspects of this community. Hosts provide a government approved ID to verify their accounts and their phone number and e-mail is verified by Shippn authentication system. Shoppers are also asked to verify their account information after sign up.
- What methods of payment does Shippn accept?
Shoppers can pay for the services by credit cards.
- How can I modify/cancel an order?
The shopper can modify or cancel her/his order by contacting "Support" and mentioning the reason for cancellation.
- Can I ship multiple items at once?
Yes, you can consolidate your packages right from your mailbox.
- What are additional services?
Additional services are:
- Handling customs and duty
- Taking photos of the product(s)
- Repacking the product(s)
- Consolidation for your packages
- Why do I need to upload my documents?
Shippn is a platform/community based on trust. Uploading your documents increases trust between the community members and is highly recommended.
- What can I buy with Shippn?
Shippn members can order clothing, electronics or anything you can find at online stores and shops.
In order to minimize the shipping costs you can consolidate your packages and ship them together. Shipping chemicals, flammable, explosive and/or sharp items, weapons are strictly prohibited on Shippn. Some countries may have restrictions on cash, currency, checks, bonds, jewelry, vitamins, dietary supplements, cosmetics, grocery products, cell phones, cigarettes and alcohol. Please check your country's customs regulations for more accurate information. We would also help you to find out the restrictions of your country if you send an email to email@example.com.
- Who will handle customs procedures for my shipments?
In accordance with the content and value of the shipment, customs procedures may vary in different countries. For more information on customs procedures in your country, please contact us here or contact your local customs office and/or local DHL/TNT/UPS call center. You can also get detailed information for your country at https://www.ups.com/ga/CountryRegs?loc=en_US&origcountry=US&destcountry=UK&cat=016017013003 . Please choose your region and country underneath the "Worldwide Express Import Guidelines" headline and click Go.
To give a general idea the following list shows a non-exclusive sampling of items that are either restricted, cannot be exported or, depending on your destination country, may either require an import license, additional documentation and/or cause problems and delays during the customs review of your shipment:
- Combustible/flammable items (paints, oils, lighters, nail polish, perfume - certain countries allow perfume)
- Any type of pressurized can (hair spray, shaving cream, spray cans of any type)
- Hazardous materials (matches, chemicals, explosives, propellants)
- Firearm or weaponry accessories including holsters, shoulder straps, gun cases, scopes, laser sites, night-vision sites, bayonets or tactical gear.
- Agricultural products such as tobacco, plants and seeds.
- Perishable foods
- Animals and products made with animal skin (furs)
- Alcohol (Shippn.com can ship table wine in limited quantities to some countries)
- Cash, currency, money orders, cashiers' checks, bank drafts, bearer bonds and collectible stamps and coins. Jewelry and precious stones are (a) restricted to some countries and (b) can only be insured up to $500 maximum and any shipments of jewelry in excess of $500 carriage limit is uninsured and Member assumes all risk of loss above such limit
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices
- How long does the shipment take?
Most hosts ship your packages within 24 hours after you place your shipping order. You will receive your packages within 1-5 business days. You can track your shipments through Shippn.
- Do I have to get a new address every time I order something from the same country?
Yes, this makes sure your host is available in that time period to receive your package and also when you create a new “Expected Package” for your host on Shippn, we let your host know that a package is on its way.
- Can I consolidate my shipments to save on shipping charges?
Yes. Most hosts can consolidate your shipments for you for a small fee.
- What if retailers send me catalogs and promotional mails?
If retailers send you catalogs and promotional mails without your knowledge, the host may notify you by sending you a message. We recommend you to have a clear communication with the host. If you wish to receive these catalogs or promotional mails, they will enter these items to your mailbox as new packages and send them to you as you place your shipping order.
- Can I return the items I purchased?
Yes. Simply contact the retailer you have purchased the item from for all exchanges and returns. You may use your host’s address to receive your refund checks after communicating and agreeing with her/him that the host available. Item exchanges and returns are between you and the retailer and Shippn does not take any responsibility for these transactions. However, we can assist you to return the items you have purchased. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I shop online from the websites those do not accept international credit cards issued by non-U.S. banks?
You can always use ‘Buy For Me’ service to shop online from the merchants those do not accept international credit cards issued by non-U.S. banks. This service is provided as a solution for you to enjoy shopping from all the websites you wish to make purchases. Shippn hosts make the purchase on behalf of you under this service. You can enter the links and details of the items you wish to purchase and make your payment through ‘Buy For Me’ form listed under the ‘Buy For Me’ page on Shippn menu to use this service.